Easter Shopping

IMG_3079
View from the train window on the afternoon of a shopping trip with Perry, along Tamaki Drive. Someone told me that I should write more words about the pictures in my posts. So let’s see… the train window was rectangular with rounded edges and had a glass window. I thought New Zealand would have electric powered trains like they do back home with tracks up in the air but I was like, oh, diesel locomotive? Apparently I heard it is because of being earthquake prone and the lack of “human traffic” to need faster trains.
DSCF1703
Train system back home.
IMG_3088
Train system here in Auckland. Nothing much to complain about home really except for how clean the streets are and the all year long “summer”.
IMG_3067
Britomart train station. Apparently the train station is built with some sort of fancy pillars made of slabs of metal and bolts that shift during an earthquake so the entire train station is basically earthquake proof.
IMG_3084
Probably Auckland’s largest shopping complex, or so I think. Haven’t heard of any larger ones.IMG_3087
And… the shopping began. At least they have several shops that I pretty much quite like like Forever New. If only they catered European brands.IMG_3091
Opposite the train stop while waiting for the next train to catch. This picture makes Auckland look downright pitiful. That’s not quite the case really.
IMG_3110
My herd of Smiggle sheep on a wool blanket. Erasers shaped like sheep actually. They’ve got erasers shaped like pigs too.
IMG_3160
Overall, Easter break shopping was productive and a good break from the past month of tests preparations and tests.