Village

IMG_4955
Weather was good yesterday, we headed up north to Matakana which was like an hour’s drive from Auckland city. I tagged along with two aunties, an uncle, two brothers, a car and lack of sleep.IMG_4927
Vineyards along the way, not to forget a lot of cows and sheep.
IMG_4885
I found the place to be rather interesting, not your conventional street with gift shops and grocery stores kind of thing. The crafts were interesting to look at.IMG_4801
Lots of people.IMG_4813
Lots of prepared food, from pastries to mussel patties.IMG_4836
Lots of sweets. These are iced coconut candies.IMG_4824
Lots of preserves too. Spreads, dips, bacon and the sort.
IMG_4826
Heaps of fresh fruits, flowers, nuts and vegetables.
IMG_4867
Stores that sell pretty looking things.
IMG_4869
Reminds me of my mum’s Radley handbags except that this has a cat for its logo instead of a running terrier. But note that nothing in that shop was cheap.
IMG_4895
There was this lady who was selling handmade felt hats that she made on her own for $75 each.IMG_4904
More handmade crafts.
IMG_4940
This reminded me of Alice in Wonderland’s Mat Hatter’s tea parties.
IMG_4873
I met another friend, this time a Golden Retriever.IMG_4916
Had some blueberry and macadamia and honey ice cream.IMG_4971
On the way back, lunch was at this place called Dragonfly which, again sold really pretty looking things as well as food.IMG_4987
Lunch.IMG_5001
Then it was time to head back to Auckland city but not quite time to head back to my place so I did more tagging.
IMG_4964
End product of the day apart from 200 photographs, I got a handmade clay sheep for $15.IMG_4959
As well as a bar of pretty looking soap from the stacks of colourful looking handmade soaps. They had pink, orange, blue, any colour you just name it.