Magic of Christmas

Every morning I sit by the doorstep,
Wishing, hoping and praying,
As I wait for the postman,
To bring me a letter,
I heard that war was over,
They had won the battle,
Alex, dear brother, please come home,
I love you so much,
Mummy and daddy misses you,
Everyone misses you,
There's no news of you,
Please come home before Christmas,
Remember how much fun we once had,
When I was six,
You took me horseback riding,
I fell off and broke my arm,
When we got home from the hospital,
Mummy gave you such a scolding,
But I still stuck up for you,
You were the best brother anyone could ever ask for,
When I was ten,
We had such a fight,
That I didn't spoke to you for two weeks,
As giving as you always were,
You said you were sorry,
Although we both knew it was my fault,
Christmas is coming,
And all I want for Christmas is you,
To be home for dinner with us,
I don't ask for more,
Today is the 25th of December,
I hear the doorbell ring,
I run downstairs as fast as I could,
Flung open the door as I held my breath,
Standing there with a smile,
There was my beloved brother,
As we stood there hugging,
I thought to myself,
Christmas isn't Christmas if you weren't home,
This was the magic of Christmas,
My best Christmas present ever...

~Gab~ (2005 & copyrighted!)