Separate Ways

The car speeds down the boulevard,
Rushing back were the memories we shared,
I drown in my own sadness,
As your face forms before my eyes,
All the priceless moments we shared,
Makes me wonder why couldn't I be spared?
From a heart to broken,
As you departed without a single word spoken,
My melancholy was clearly portrayed,
Your depart left me feeling betrayed,
But then I slowly understood,
You would have stayed if only you could,
It happened on the 14th of August,
It rained bitterly that night,
The night we parted unwillingly,
The night I lost you unwillingly,
All the things I wanted to say before,
Something that had been so long inside,
Never got their chance,
As the walls crumble all around me,
I had stood at your funeral before,
Holding back all my tears within me,
As I released a single white rose,
That fell delicately on your face,
I knew it would be hard for us to part,
But lost was even harder to accept,
Something I treasured and had with me,
Now forever and ever gone,
Today I stand by your grave alone,
In my hands I held a rose,
In my eyes I had tears,
In my heart I had everything just for you,
As I release the rose once again,
I watch history unfold itself again,
I remember your words and I hear your voice,
The precious promises we made,
I watch as the rose falls slowly,
Onto the ground it rested peacefully,
Over your resting body,
I close my eyes as tears fell sadly,
I saw us laughing at the park together,
Having fun as if it would never end forever,
Never did I know that it would all end that day,
We would go our in separated ways,
Part of me wishes you could still be here,
I would do anything just to have,
You standing here by my side,
Just like how it had always been before,
To hear you laughter,
To feel your presence,
Just one more time,
And if only everything didn't need to end so fast,
I opened my eyes and looked around,
Cold and bitter wind accompanies the mood,
Sadly I turn around and walked away,
Once more going our separate ways...