Shopping & Rants

09012010509Yesterday, I met up with Jonas in KL. The initial plan was to go to Sunway Pyramid, have hawker food at the coffee shop opposite Sunway Pyramid, find my red bag, find my dress and find his shoes.

In the end, we ended up deciding to go to the Chocolate Festival at Mid Valley.

Where I had awesome spicy lo mai kai for lunch.

I thought the Chocolate Festival would be perhaps have a more “decorated environment” but it turned out to look just like a PC fair but with chocolates instead of electronics. Heh…

Good news was that, I found a red Carlo Rino bag. Bad news was that, the price burned multiple holes in my pockets. However, I didn’t find a single dress (that was appropriate or perhaps that I liked) in Mid Valley. 09012010510So… we went over to The Gardens and I found my dress! Or rather, sort of. Amazingly just when I found something appropriate that I liked, they ran out of size S.

Then we decided, okay let’s go to Sunway Pyramid. Again, I found no dress. But I had my stomach filled with one huge spicy chicken burger from Wendy’s. 3/4 of the fries and 2/3 of the drink could no longer fit into my stomach. Shame, what a waste.

Bought my groceries (I am terribly proud of myself that my groceries only came up to RM31.00 this week) and realized that it was “No Plastic Bag Day” in Selangor. Darn. The cashier gave me a very dirty look when I asked for a plastic bag and behold, I got charged 20cents for a plastic bag. Oh look, the environment is dying.

It is pretty stupid to charge only 20cents for a plastic bag on “No Plastic Bag Day”. There would probably be heaps of people who will be like “oh what the heck” and just go ahead paying the 20cents for a plastic bag to their own convenience. They should charge like RM2.00 but that wouldn’t be a too good thing for me or they should use paper bags instead. After all, the problem doesn’t lie in the people buying the goods, it lies in the supermarkets and shopping complexes giving out plastic bags. So why charge people just for plastic bags? Go give out paper bags.