The F-Word

Obsessive dieting is stupid.

I am stating this after reading a dessert cookbook that I borrowed from the college library. I see pictures of bowls of chopped or pureed fruits decorated with some sprigs of mint or nuts. Why not just save all that time wasted to mash the fruits up and just eat the fruits whole?

What is the point of having a cookbook telling you how to chop fruits??

What is the point of calling it a “cheesecake” if it is a cake made of tofu??

I would personally rather read a cookbook telling me how to bake shepherd pies and New York cheesecakes if I could choose between a book like that or like the one I read this morning.

I find it rather annoying when I am eating say for example noodles and somebody comes and tells me, “oh my, this is seriously very fattening!”

What is with this obsessive mindset about food being fattening??? I’ve been enduring this torture of people telling me whatever I am eating is going to make me grow F-A-T for the past nineteen years in my life.

I am eating lean pork and someone comes and tells me, “pork is fattening”. BULLSHIT. In that case, eating a tub of yogurt is going to make you f-a-t.

I am eating one burger and someone comes and tells me, “this is damn fattening”. BULLSHIT AGAIN. One burger isn’t going to make me fat unless I eat three burgers a day for one whole month.

I am eating a slice of cake and someone comes and tells me, “butter is fattening”. BULLSHIT AGAIN. Butter isn’t fattening unless I consume a whole bar of butter in one go.

I am eating a packet of nuts and someone comes and tells me it is super fattening.

Why don’t I just starve myself and skip meals since EVERYTHING is fattening?? I might as well dig my own grave in that case since it’s like dieting my way to death.

I enjoy banana fritters and cheesecakes. I consume banana fritters almost every weekend and I don’t see myself growing any heavier than 50kgs.