3AM Solution

do you do at 3.00AM when you have spent the past two hours lying on the bed, thinking aimlessly in the dark?
155851_458249178762_658623762_5660233_1171407_n
For people like me, I get up, sit in the dark and think if the Canon EF50mm f/1.8 lens worth RM350.00 is a good buy or not.img3137n
Firstly, RM350 is very affordable with my budget.

Secondly, I really want and could use a good lens with an aperture as wide as f/1.8. I could take gorgeous photos with great lighting with an aperture as wide as that. I’m a portraiture enthusiast.

Photograph taken with a 50mm f/1.8 at a retail store. It failed to blow my socks off. Editing wouldn’t help much either.

But, a focal length of 50mm is somewhat impractical in most situations, or rather in most situations that I find myself in when I have my 55mm lens on my camera.

And, I’ve tried the EF50mm f/1.8 at a retail store once, picture quality wasn’t impressive and I had to lean back quite a distance from where I was standing just to get a picture. Lens was a bit slow too. Complete manual focusing was somewhat limited too.

Achieved using one of my lenses at 55mm, sitting one table apart and leaning backwards.


In short, anything 50mm is a little inconvenient in most of the situations I get caught in or at least I find it to be so.
IMG_1846
Bingo. I finally found what I am looking for at 3AM in the morning.

The EF28mm f/1.8 lens, priced at RM2050.

A small sum of money saved up for the past few weeks, assuming I stick to my current savings plan, somewhat achievable by third quarter of the year.