Little Investment

230120112395230120112393230120112386
Enough said, all photographs were taken with my mobile phone. I am kind of surprised that the photographs especially the first photograph turned out pretty nice.

My unplanned tight budget due to the uncertainty if my camera body would arrive before I leave for university, had constrained my choices of lenses to buy. With the unwilling expectation to prepare a sum of at least 2.5 grand for a camera body, my first option of adding the 28mm f/1.8 for 1.6 grand to my collection literally evaporated into thin air, at least until the end of this year or start of next year.

All fussy budgeting that left me with not much of a choice but to get that 50mm f/1.8 for a mere RM300 after much haggling.

Me: *enters Canon retail store and notices only one man was at the counter* How much can you sell to me the 50mm f/1.8 for?
Young man: RM330.
Me: So expensive? I know of other places selling for much less than that. Cheaper?
Young man: Oh, promotion is over. RM330 is the cheapest I can give you.
Me: Oh… no thanks then. *walks off*

Thirty minutes later…

Me: *walks pass Canon retail store again and notices there’s another older man with the previous man at the counter, enters shop and approaches older man* What is the cheapest price you can sell to me the 50mm f/1.8?
Young man: *doesn’t notice, busy checking something at the cash register*
Old man: RM300.
Me: Rm270?
Old man: Haha, cannot.
Me: RM280?
Old man: RM300 is the cheapest I can sell it to you for.
Me: *One last try* RM290?
Old man: RM300.
Me: Oh okay, I’ll take it then.
Young man: *looks up and notices* Heh…

Baked some chicken mushroom pies today. I shall post up photos tomorrow.

Found out my car’s brake fluid is leaking. Great. Great timing. Really.