Sports Day 2007

After my long, record-breaking streaks of never showing up for any sports day for three years or participating in anything on that day, I finally had to break that streak and head off to sports day for the first time in my entire secondary school life. No more, turning sports day into my own little personal holiday and sleepin in late at home. Our school Sports Day was today and I had to get up at 4.40am just to get dressed, take my breakfast and head down to Jubilee Ground by 6.00am. Please don't forget the fact that I slep at 12.00am the night before as I suddenly had the urges to be nocturnal. Therefore, I spent twelve long and hot hours walking around the 1000m track field to check on the Red Crescent stations as I was the assistant leader for first aid on that day. There were four stations and there was the sickroom as well. Basically, only the sickroom and station 1 were fully packed with casualties most of the time particularly the first half of the sports day. Whereas the other stations... all I can say is that it gives the picture of a couple of first aiders having a picnic under a large poolside umbrella on the ground. Well, here are a couple of pictures that I took during our sports day.

Our marchers in their platoon...
Our marchers marching...
Band, Police Cadet, Red Crescent and the sport houses...
Hey look! It's me treating a cramped leg!
It's me again! With a blistered foot this time...
Lilian and I cleaning up around after sports day...
Red Crescent!!!
One of a kind sports day marriage...
Us having our lunch at a food court in Hock Lee Centre... (we walked there from Jubilee Ground!)