It seems long but it's actually short

I was a toddler 16 years ago and now I stand as a teenager with only one year and a couple more months left before I graduate from secondary school. Life is really short to come to think of it although it seems long at times. I could leave something and say that I still have tomorrow to finish it off but as tomorrow comes, I realize that so-call tomorrow-to-finish-it-off will be over in a couple of hours and a new tomorrow begins.

Somehow, the thought of leaving school in just less than two years time makes me realize how much time I have thrown to waste and what I had achieved so far. It also made me realize that all of us will be going different ways after graduating from secondary school. I was wondering, where would I stand after graduating from secondary school. Would I be in Form 6 or will I have the opportunity to receive a scholarship to persue what I dream to be? Will I be studying overseas or in a local university? There are just so many questions I have to ask but I know I will not get the answers until the time is right.

All those people whom had walked with me throughout my life had left their footprints. Some so sweet and yet some were bitter. Some whom I had known for years but it had never crossed my mind that those years were actually so long because when I think about it now, it all feels so short. It's funny how some people can leave memorable imprints in you, when you think of them, they make you happy or sad. If you think you could live alone, you probably cant. Everybody needs a somebody in their life whether you like it or not.

It's all so short! I don't know if I am prepared for what I am going to face next. Right now, I'm the one determining what my life is going to be like after I graduate from secondary school. If I do well in my studies, I'm setting myself a bright future and also one step closer to my goals. There are just too many questions, how many more years to I have before I'm called home to God's kingdom? Would I be called back at a ripe age or would I be called back before that? Would he and I last from the day we began until the end? All these make me realize how short life just is no matter you live up to 90 years or 30 years or so forth.

There are just so many wonderful gifts to cherish in life. Your loved ones, yourself and all the things you had accomplished and will accomplish. I don't understand those who tell me, "life sucks" for life is great no matter there are ups or downs, life can just be summarized as great and short. So cherish it.