Gabrielle supports child labour...

My debate team...Rhe, Nisha and I. (Fel's not in the picture)

As cruel as it seems, debate is all about pushing aside your personal opinions and supporting whatever you are told to support. Pretty ironic eh? I had another round of debate today against the government team, Farrah, Melissa and Michelle. The motion of the day was, "This House bans child labor" and I must say that this was a pretty lopsided topic that had more pros than cons but nevertheless my team pulled it off!!! Or either we were just lucky or perhaps it was skill? *rubs hands gleefully and cackles* Once again, I got best speaker and the brilliant part comes when I will be representing SMK. St. Teresa for interschool debate this end of April in Kolej Abdillah. Shame I won't be getting any or the least teensiest weensiest bit of help from a rather helpful octopus that debates, I'm sure he knows who he is. *coughs out loud!*

First of all, I supposed that my team won today because the government wasn't really prepared and was rater confused with the motion of the day. Even Puan Sandy seemed confused with the motion of the day. But frankly speaking, it was a rather unbalanced topic as child labor varies in different countries across the world and the motion never defined it as global child labor or child labor within a particular country. This was one pretty confusing topic based on several basis but nevertheless, it did make sense although it didn't make sense. Oh what the heck, I am so not making sense now but really! It did not make any sense but somehow, sense came through or was it pure babbling??

I'm going to be facing a busy, busy month ahead of me... Anyway, did I mention yet? I was chosen as Senior Council for the mooting team. The two senior councils are Azureen and me, junior council Kristen and Zahira. Solicitors are Demie and Lilian. Oh, as for the interschool debate thingy, the speakers are Azureen, Kristen and me. The reserves are Rhema and Nishanti. All right, that's all the babbling and boasting I got to do today. Now, allow me to flee from the screen...

I got best speaker twice and therefore as I conclude, Jason Chen has to 'chia' me!!! This closes the deal!