IQ not so important?

Just yesterday, my school's counselor, Puan Jennifer made this statement that I clearly disagree with. I find it as a very contradicting statement against reality. She made this statement that when you are out in the working world, your EQ is more important than your IQ and that nobody even cares about how high your IQ is. and that all that matters during a work presentation is you EQ. This is something that I find to be a very ridiculous and shallow-minded thing to say. I am not trashing the school or anything, but I just find this incredibly ridiculous especially for an adult to say so.

Let me just give you this situation whereby you are a paitient on an operating table and then, you surgeon tells you, "my EQ is higher than my IQ but don't worry! I can operate you excellently with such a high EQ!" Can you imagine what runs through the paitient's head? If I were to be that paitient, I would be thinking... "what the heck! I want another surgeon! I'm out of here!". If you have a low IQ and a high EQ, there is just no way you can succeed in the working world. You boss isn't going to look at your EQ, he's going to look at your IQ. Malaysia wouldn't hire engineers or doctors that only have high EQ, they will look at your IQ. Why would Malaysia want a couple of engineers with low IQ but dashingly high EQ to build bridges all over the country??? Every company wants to hire a worker with a both the brains and the charm, just tell me what is the point of a dashingly charming worker who can't even work out how to operate the coffee maker?! Nobody cares about IQ these days? Poor it, how alone it must feel... sobs! I feel a tear coming out of my eye *sniffs*

And our school counselor also stated that we had to practice good EQ and keep quiet. That it was good to keep quiet. Well, earth to her! If we want to have good EQ, that means to socialize more and to socialize more, that means to talk more and to talk more means to make more noise and to make more noise means you can't keep quiet! Frankly and honestly speaking, we just have one school counselor who twists, turns and contradicts her own words... Not that she's a lousy counselor or anything, she's a good one just that... she loves to contradict her own words and sometimes, they just get a little too riddiculous.