Lundu 2007

I left to Lundu yesterday at 9.00am and reached home at 4.00pm today and for the information, there was no television there whether cable or not or Internet or heater or air conditioning. What that saved my life there was non other than my faithful and loving companion or in short, my Walkman phone W850i which served to provide me music and communication. Oh, and I went with my dad, Uncle Raymond, Uncle Ah Choon, Ah Bie and Ah Bie's older brother.
That was my breakfast before I left to Siah Beach. It was chicken mushroom mee. As usual, I would eat all the mee and the mushroom and leave the chicken bits behind. I know it's weird...

That's how Siah Beach looks like in the wee morning at... 10.00am. Hey, it's remarkably early for me okay. Anyway, it's amazing how some people don't get up until late in the afternoon. Pigs.

They sell shark skin at Siah Beach... Oh oops, my mistake. That was a decomposing carcass that we found in sea. I think it's a sting ray becaise it looks pretty much like one?? And it has those tiger-like prints on it. Last time it was a jellyfish carcass, next what?

Ah Bie's older brother came and he was exploring around the place and we followed him all the way to a swamp. Or at least, my expert Form 3 level Geography tells me its a mangroove swamp. You know what's the amazing part? Digi 016 is serious about their fat yellow men tagging around with you. I could even sms at a swamp. Must be that fat yellow man behind me.

We got scammed for potato chips. This is RM1.60 and then the other is RM1.50. What was onions more expensive by 10 cents compared to tomatoes??

Ah Bie's brother wanted to go fishing. So, Uncle Ah Choon and Uncle Raymond took Ah Bie's brother, Ah Bie and I to check out fishing spots and we had to go behind this creepy little wooden shack and into the shrubs and down a long stretch of sand and up a bunch of charcoal black rocks and from there... the view was simply spectacular.

Down that long stretch of sand...

Look at that breathtaking view that I managed to capture from the pile of rocks. And note, the rocks are not just one feet above the water that you could dangle your feet into the water but several feet above the water and the water was pretty deep I guess, that's why it was pretty blue.

That's Ah Bie's brother and he's in the process of fishing. Unfortunately, there was nothing there. A really nice place but a very fishless place as well.

That night, Ah Bie's brother took my dad's flash light and brought Ah Bie and I down to the beach to catch prawns. So much for prawns. We ended up with an assortment of seafood and it looks as if in our opinion, starfish was edible and puffer fish as well. We walked for I have no idea, I think it was three hours in ankle-deep icy-cold seawater. It was kind of interesting to catch prawns with bare hands.

The next morning I woke up at 6.00am and it was freezing cold I tell you despite the fact that the sun was already up. Oh, that's the 6.00am view of the ocean. People always snap photos of the sea horizontally but I decided to go diagonally.

It was freezing cold that I even had my Nike windbreaker on while I took a stroll on the beach with Ah Bie. It looks pretty sunny in this picture though. Must be the light reflection off the windbreaker.

That's Ah Bie and I taking our eary morning stroll at the beach. Yeap, people snap full-body photos of them walking but I decided to snap pictures of our feet doing the walking. They should get some credit for all that walking.

I snapped a photo of a large, round, orange pumpkin. Why? Because it amuses me and it appears cute to me. Yes, I know it's a pumpkin but it was love at first sight.