Driving Test: Pass

This morning when I was still half-asleep in bed, I can feel my heart beating real fast and my brain thinking, "oh no! Driving test is today!" and I went back to sleep. Then I woke up later, still thinking "oh no! Driving test! Die!". To make me feel better, Stefan told me to go crash and burn during the test. I met Ashley, Chai Yi Ying and Valerie at the driving institute. I took the test together with Franklin. Right before the test, he taught me where the button to function the back wiper is located at.
Route C

I got Route C for my road test. I was thinking, "die! Why I get Route C??? So complicated". I'm not very good at directions so I kept asking the JPJ officer, "turn here right?" and I think I cornered pretty fast most of the time because the officer kept yelling at me, "slow!!! slow!!!" for a few times. I did not crash into anything but I think I classify as a reckless driver. At least my engine did not "die" when I was on the road. They even purposely parked a few huge lorries and trailers by the side of the road for the sake of the road test. I did check that the gear was free and tested the wipers but I got 0 for those two things. I adjusted and tested every single part of the car. Maybe I was supposed to announce, "I am shaking the gear now" to the JPJ officer? Hmmm. Anyway, at least I passed for the road part with 18/20.

Next came the hill part. I was very paranoid about my car rolling back down the hill and then JPJ officer yelling "FAIL!". The first time, I stopped at the lower end of the yellow line on the hill, a supposedly risky spot to stop at. One of the JPJ officers looked at me and asked me, "you rasa cukup kah?". I stuck my head out of the window, looked at my car wheels for a long time and replied, "hmmm...tidak cukup lah". So he allowed me to do a second try, I stopped at the upper end of the yellow line and he gave me thumbs up. It was pretty nerve wrecking since the person a name ahead of me, failed because her car came rolling back downhill. At least I passed for this part. I can relax a little bit.

Then, walked across the circuit to wait for my turn to do side parking and 3 point turning. I was the fourth last person in line. Pulled in parallel next to the parking lot very slowly like an 80 year old driving, got my car parked in, pulled out of the parking lot and was thinking, "haha! It's almost over!" and while I was busy celebrating happily, I forgot and let go of clutch abruptly. Engine died. I cursed a bit (mentally) but the JPJ officers didn't seem to notice anything. Started the engine and carried on with my business. Finally came the 3 point turning, my favorite part of the whole circuit test. Completed the 3 point turning, arked the car, JPJ officer told me, "pass!" and I exclaimed, "whew, I passed!"

My driving instructor brought me out for lunch after that, together with two of his friends, Franklin and a Batu Lintang girl. I am so glad I didn't fail my driving test. I will be getting my P license in a weeks' time and facing 3 months of probation driving period under the watchful eyes of my parents.
I'll be a proper driving license soon.