Bran and Brain

IMG_5087
Best raspberry and apple bran muffin ever that accompanied my chicken and avocado sandwich.

Woke up at 8.30AM today, got bemused by furry down jackets, went on Facebook, did like half an hour of chemistry and crashed at 10.00AM, unfortunately all the way until 1.00PM and hence, I missed catered lunch today. Went down to the streets at 3.00PM and had kimchi tuna stew for $11.00 at the Korean restaurant that I visit nearly weekly. This time, the Korean owner spoke Korean to me. Not the first time here when a Korean thought I was Korean. Another thing, it seems to be a peculiar thing here I don’t speak Mandarin. I know of Kiwis who actually speak, read and write Mandarin or Korean or Japanese.

Bummer, lectures commence tomorrow. There goes my Easter break. Thankfully tomorrow I only have one lecture from 9.30AM to 10.30AM. Unfortunately, I have to get up earlier and catch the 9.00AM bus since that lecture is at a campus 20-minutes drive away from the city campus. But that’s not half as bad as getting up for 8.00AM lectures.

Exams on the 9th of June until 20th of June and then, three weeks worth of winter holidays. I sense a busy two months interval from now till then.