Braces! Again??

Image55Braces for the second time again? Retainers?
Nooooooooooooooooo~ I sure hope not!

I went for my routine scaling appointment with my dentist. The whirling sound of all dental appliances and the sound of metal against teeth, I can still hear it all.

She told me that the gaps (approximately 3mm on the right upper jaw and 2mm on the left side)between my upper canine and first molar (due to extraction of two of my first molar so that I could have braces put on by my another orthodontist) will probably not close up naturally on its own over the years.

Dentist: You had two upper molars and one lower incisor removed?
Me: Yeap. So that I could have my braces put on.
Dentist: You realized you have gaps?
Me: My orthodontist says they will close up naturally on their own over the years.
Dentist: Well they probably wouldn’t.

Dang! They won’t??

Something my orthodontist told me about the human body naturally filling in gaps between the teeth. Well that happened to the gap between my lower incisors when I had one incisor removed before I had braces fitted on. They sort of naturally realigned themselves until there was a 1mm gap then my orthodontist fitted the braces on and braces I had.

I shall have my mum call up my orthodontist next week and see what he says again regarding the progress of my teeth.

Is he going to tell me it will close up on its’ own after *inserts period of time* or fit braces/retainers onto my teeth for the second time? Ugh.

The only fun part about getting braces was the fun of choosing new band colours each time they replaced the old bands.

I once had Petronas green bands.

Nurse: I have Petronas green bands for you today! See?? *big cheery smile*
Me: =S