Cash For Food

When people go off to Kuala Lumpur to study, some would say:
”THERE IS NOTHING TO EAT IN KL! I AM GOING TO STARVE TO DEATH!”

Unfortunately, with the existence of TGI Friday’s all over Kuala Lumpur and greasy mamak food everywhere, gaining five kilograms is easier than losing five kilograms. Thankfully, I remained at my plateau of forever fluctuating 50-53kg range.

There are heaps of food options but in my opinion, nothing tastes exceptionally good even though the price is “exceptionally good” as well. 090330_4I have always been a Chinese food person. Western food has too much meat for my liking. So, I went to this Hakka cuisine in Sunway Pyramid and had a plate of lei cha fried rice, a plate of yam with mushrooms, a cup of green tea and a little bowl of dragon fruit dessert. The bill bore a hole in my pocket with RM50.00 just for my one meal. Pricey. It didn’t even taste good.

My last trip to Dragon-i with some of my course mates, lead to another RM50.00 meal for a plate of fried rice, a plate of fried spinach and a glass of sea coconut drink.

I realized that most of my money spent in Kuala Lumpur goes to food. My weekly grocery shopping would total up to almost RM100 no matter how I try throw out the unnecessary junk from my shopping list. What do I even buy?

4 types of organic vegetables (RM10.00)
1 packet of chicken lean meat (RM10.00)
2 bottles of prune juice (RM40.00)
2 boxes of granola bars (RM20.00)
2 packets of kiwi fruits (RM20.00)

My necessities already total up to about RM100. Talk about trying to save.

I dare not total up the amount that I have spent for the past six months studying in Kuala Lumpur and I dare not think of the amount that I could plausibly spend if shipped off to New Zealand. Ugh.

I should grow a money tree.