I Wanted To

I Wanted To

I wanted to tell you,
That I was sorry for everything,
That I was wrong,
That I had let you down,
But I would walk away instead,
If I were to tell you,
That I'm sorry tomorrow,
Would you still find it in your heart,
To forgive me?

I wanted to tell you,
That I love you ever so much,
That I cherished you,
That I treasured having you,
But I just laughed instead,
If I were to tell you,
That I love you tomorrow,
Would you still be there?
With open arms waiting for me?

If it was anything that could destroy me,
It would be the pride that I carried,
How would I ever know,
What would happen tomorrow?
What if today was the last day,
That we would ever spend together?
What if God suddenly decided,
That it was already time,
For you to return to His kingdom?

Sometimes when we are given things,
We would take them for granted,
Never giving in much thought,
We never thought about,
How precious every single item was,
How precious every single second was,
How they had changed our lives,
How they were all so delicate,
Timeless and priceless.

A Trinietie Production 2006