My Life

My Life

Like a timeline it moves,
This life of mine,
Ever so slowly,
From day to day,
I counted every single second,
I wondered what lay,
For me at the end of the road.

I could see an army on a hilltop,
Would I be the one,
Who commanded the troop?
My every word being followed,
Or would I be one of them,
Who stood in the troop,
Carrying out orders given?

I could see the one that I loved,
Standing right before my eyes,
Somebody that I cared for,
If I were to hold out a hand,
And reach out for him,
Would I be left out in the cold?
Or would my hand be taken?

I could see those,
Whom had been there for me,
Throughout all these years,
But just how many I wonder,
Were true to me,
And would still be there for me,
Despite all the toils and turns?

If I were to just sit here,
Remark blankly on my life,
Nothing would change,
My actions are stronger than my words,
It would take great effort,
But some things in life,
Are just worth fighting for.

Gabrielle Jee (29/8/2006) & copyrighted