Happy New Year

Attended a New Year count down dinner party at Little Labenon yesterday which, was mainly attended by my dad's colleagues and friends (forty five years old and above with their families). The snowman perched precariously on top of the buffet table is supposed to resemble one very gigantic and round white Labanese man with a green mustache.This is how the dinner party appeared to look like from the outside where I spent 60% of my time at, lazing in one of the armchairs staring at nothing in particular and guzzling down two glasses of wine. I make myself sound like an alcoholic.And this is how the dinner party appeared to look like from the inside. That's my dad and Uncle Joseph. I would say that it was a rather uninteresting count down for me as they were all much, much older than me or much, much younger. One who was around my age (my only company) had to leave halfway due to some relative who passed away that night. Another one around my age whom I knew, refused to come as he went off to some Scouts count down.Two little kids running amok with helium balloons tied to their hats. All those little kids there were remarkably hyper monsters.
The view from the balcony. It was raining so heavily that it was such a shame they couldn't launch any fireworks. But I bet SOMEBODY I know what freaking happy that it rained and no fireworks could be launched.
This looks ridiculously romantic. Or maybe I seem to think everything with candles are romantic?? They had a lot of ballroom dancing that night though. One of them was a ballroom
dance instructor. We saw druggies just outside Little Labenon after we left. What a way to spend a New Year by smoking crack. The photos I took that night are rather bad, took them with a 2-megapixels camera phone set in VGA mode. I was simply too lazy to bring a camera. Here's a video of Uncle Arthur teaching Uncle Jimmy's wife to dance. All these dancing make me think of Lee Chun Hoe (who takes ballroom dance lessons). PS: my deepest apologies that the video is upside down, just twist your head according to the direction you prefer.


Happy New Year