The Spring

Dad was invited to the opening ceremony of The Spring yesterday but he decided not to go since there would be mega loooong speeches by the Chief Minister and all of those 'big' people. So, my parents and I went to The Spring this afternoon after some Javanese mee at a coffee shop. Yum. We were supposed to have laksa actually but the store was closed. I love the laksa at one of the coffee shops at Rubber Road (donkey owes me a bowl of laksa!) I met quite a number of familiar faces there at The Spring, Christine Kueh and gang, Keith Wei who walked all the way from home, Sean Tan with Rowena Michelle, Linda Soon and family, Melanie Jerry and sister, Jonathan Lai and gang, noisy Ryner and gang and the list goes on.

I declare The Spring as the ultimate best place to do shopping in Kuching since it has most of my favorite clothing stores and shoes store but still, The Spring isn't impressive at all. It's pretty small and rather boring. I saw a gigantic Patrick the Big Red Dog! My dad wanted to get me that at first but my mum claimed RM204.00 for a stuffed dog was too pricey. The food there isn't very great either, Starbucks, Secret Recipe, Sushi King and all those, uninteresting. I personally think it is stupid to spend RM15.00 on a cup of coffee when the coffee beans only cost a quarter or less of that. I don't like the food at Secret Recipe either especially the cakes (disgustingly horrible that even kolo mee at Carpenter Street beats it) and I'm not a fan of raw food. Wish they would open a Manhattan Fish Market there at The Spring.

What I bought from The Spring:
  1. A pair of slippers from Nose -RM44.00
  2. A pair of flats from Nose - RM44.00
  3. A top from Esprit - RM89.90
  4. A shirt from Valentino Rudy - RM149.90
  5. A plate of pasta - RM10.50
  6. A cup of drink - RM2.00
My bill totaled up to RM429.40 and I hate The Spring for that...