Hospital: Day 5

Went down to the hospital as usual at 7.30AM. Then as usual, waited until 9.30AM for the hospital's deputy director to show up to give a talk. After that, went to the Accident & Emergency department. There was nothing much that happened that the A&E that morning. A nurse called Yasmin and I to come behind the curtains to watch them insert an IV cannula into this old lady's wrist. They took a blood sample using it. I've have not seen an IV cannula being inserted before and so the first time I saw it, I had that "omg man, imagine if I was the patient" feeling. I guess I got used to watching the long needle of the IV cannula go into other patients after that.

After that, I went off for lunch with Yasmin at 11.00AM. Was later joined by Yap, Jonas and Adrian. We sort of sat in the coffee shop for more than two hours. For the first time in ages, I finished one whole bowl of kolo mee. Was pretty hungry. The closing ceremony later in the afternoon was pretty brief. Very brief in fact. Dad being in Klang, I hitched a ride from Jonas again.
Got to sacrifice

Throughout this Program Pendedahan Kerjaya Seorang Doktor 2009, I watched a lot of needles being stuck into people and yeah, there was some pretty good experiences.