New defination for POOR

The Borneo Post...

2000 scholarships will be given out by JPA this year...
400 for those with excellent academics...
1200 for the non-bumiputeras and bumiputeras...
and the remaining for the physically disabled with excellent academics.
It was also stated that out of the 2000 scholarships given...
100 will be for Sarawakian bumiputeras...
And another 100 for Sabahan bumiputeras...

If only "excellent academics" was defined. Knowing the fact that Malaysia does not have 400 students with the title "Pelajar Cemerlang", I have no idea how to interpret that phrase.

For the time being, I am hoping to be lucky enough to be given a JPA scholarship to do medicine. Be it in India, Czech or in the UK, I am not too particular with that. And if I am not given one, Form 6 it is for me despite the number of warnings I received such as, "don't go to Form 6!".

Sometimes, hearing that just makes me feel like retorting, "you think I'm bleeding rich is it?"

Self-paying to do medicine will cost an average of probably RM500,000.00 (ignoring the fact whether it is in the United Kingdom, Australia, India, Russia or etc) and RM500,000.00 is petty cash for the average family in Malaysia.

Me: Medicine course costs roughly RM500,000.00 and that is just too expensive.
XX: You don't have half a million meh? I didn't know you are that poor.

*FOUR LETTERED WORD*

Why do I want to pursue a career in medicine? Certainly not because of my sister.

Footer: I have not driven a car for a week.