Shell Scholarship

Sleeping_poshi_cat_2_by_kayjensen 7.00AM… my “Ah Ma/Ah Pek” Nokia phone rings. I thought it was my alarm (even though I didn’t set the alarm this morning) so I slapped at my phone for the “off” button. Then my phone went silent and I went back to sleep.

7.05AM… my mum was yelling to wake up, Rhema needs to talk to you now. I dragged myself out of bed to answer her call. Now I’m awake and hungry.

So here’s the good news, Rhema got the Shell Scholarship (congratulations Rhe!) and she was at the Shell rehearsal and event. Apparently Rhema called because I was supposed too today because my name was listed too but I didn’t know about it.

I am sort of amazed that I got an offer. I thought I really screwed up the Shell Scholarship interview. I mean, I was babbling about global companies and the only thing I know about global companies is that they are global. When I left the Shell House, I was thinking… “what the hell”  to myself.

Apparently Shell gives a certain sum of money for any pre-university course at any place of choice.

Well, it’s good news but I’ve made up my mind to take the JPA Scholarship though.

Today is a very good day. Not only that Rhema got offered by Shell, somebody else finally grew a heart.

I believe that I owe Perry some gratitude (that I got offered by Shell) since he helped me with my “Why Petroleum Engineering?” essay for my application. Major correction, he narrated and finally resorted to writing it out because I couldn’t keep up with his speech speed. I edited.

Cookies?