Traditional vs. Modern

I was supposed to go out with Franklin and Stefan for Xiao Long Bao dumplings hunting spree at Mitsu, Tarot and some other place (I forgot what where was the place) at 8.00AM this morning. Unfortunately, I had a urticaria relaspe at 2.00AM so I bailed out on them.

I was on Loratadine, Prednisolone and topical Fluticasone Proprionate (Cutivate) for five days. From my own observation, Loratadine and Prednisolone only seemed to suppress the inflamation. However, Cutivate does work miracles and the redness goes away pretty fast but that only seems to work for the face. Other parts of the body, after the redness subsides, there would be a faint shade of purple. Almost like bruises.

So I ranted to the Old Ones (also known as my grandmothers) and Grandmother 1 gave me a packet of Xia Gu Cao tea while Grandmother 2 asked me to take Lemon Balm plant baths.

Honestly, I have never believed in traditional Chinese medicine but I doubt that too much modern medicine for a continuous length of time is good either. So oh what the heck, I shall just give alternative medicine a try.

I had a whole pot of burdock water to myself yesterday, the purple bruise-like marks completely.  O.O

Urticaria disappeared as well but like I previously said, it relapsed.

Then, Aunty 2 recommended that I pay a visit to this traditional Chinese medicine shop at Jalan Padungan. Apparently her son had urticaria recently and after taking traditional Chinese medicine, it was fine the next day and the many days that followed. O.O

My dad took me to the shop this morning. The old lady there scrutinized me and then, came up with a concoction of liquids and powder. So I will conclude after several hours if traditional Chinese medicine or modern medicine works better to cure urticaria. This is so ironic coming from a student like me who’s preparing to study modern medicine.

And that old lady who is about 80 years old, she has no wrinkles at all, no liver spots at all, really fair and huh, has complexion better than those you see on the Elizabeth Arden commercial billboards. I wonder what she eats and uses everyday… O.O

Footer: I think being sick actually makes me smarter since it teaches me about drugs and symptoms.