Conversations

The school authority allowing us to bring cellular phones on Teachers' Day, was the smartest move ever made. Nobody had to run up and down the school just to pass urgent notices. Throw in a phone, rolled up sleeves, askew tie, a DSLR and a lame pose, and there I have, a new shot for my blog.

In Chemistry tuition with Linda...

Linda: Monday got no school.
Gabrielle: How come?
Linda: WESAK DAY LAH!

In Franklin's car later, on the way home from Additional Mathematics tuition...


Franklin: I don't have school on Monday. (talking to his father)
Gabrielle: How come this Monday you don't have school??
Franklin: Wesak Day lah. Oh my god! You don't know?? *Gives a weird look*

After that in my parents' car...

Mum: We should go for a car ride since Monday is a holiday.
Dad: Good idea.
Gabrielle: Which Monday?
Mum: This coming Monday. Wesay Day.
Gabrielle: Hah? It is THIS Monday?? This Monday got no school??

Sheesh. Okay, okay, so I do not know what went wrong with my head. I get it, this Monday there is no school because it is Wesak Day. Maybe my braincells just had too much sodium ions in them.

Oh ya, I still have not tried the Abell Road laksa. I had laksa at Ah Liang instead.

Anyway, I had the most nerve-wrecking, blood-boiling conversation ever.

Human: I am a jerk.
Gabrielle: You're not.
Human: I am jerk.
Gabrielle: You're not.
Human: Stop pulling my leg.
Gabrielle: You-are-not-a-jerk.
Human: I am.
Gabrielle: Not.
Human: Am.
Gabrielle: AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!