Where will you sit?

What a jobless day today in school, so we wasted time by having weird debate-like conversations.

Motion:

If you went out with your partner one day in the future for lunch, where will you sit? Side by side or face to face?

Response from certain individuals who chose to sit face to face:


"Opposite laah obviously. So that it is easier for me to dump food I don't want." [Gabrielle]


"Opposite. It is easier to talk that way face to face." [Claire]

"Opposite. I think opposite is the correct way because you see in those Shakespeare books, they always have things like husband and wife should sit opposite each other. Side by side is like... you have other hidden intentions or something." [Rhema]

"Opposite. Duuh." [Linda]


Response from certain individuals who chose to sit side by side:

"I don't know lah. Side by side lah. So can hold hands discretely. If you sit opposite and hold hands, so open bah." [Esther]

"Oh ya hor, you asked me that question before but I haven't answer. Side by side lah. I don't know why. So can... I don't know lah!" [Amy]