Lousy Biological Engines

I GOT LOUSY BIOLOGICAL ENGINES

Woke up, wheezing and feeling as if someone stuffed a pumpkin down my throat and then tied rubber bands around my windpipe. Why does it feel so hot?? I thought I caught a cold so I tried coughing to clear my airway. Didn't work at all. I was thinking, "darn, I want to go to school tomorrow to collect my marks and I have to fall sick today??" and I coughed and drank some more water.

After fifteen minutes of trying, I gave up, still feeling suffocated. I walked towards the bathroom, stopped in front of the mirror and I saw a swelling eye and a very red face. Turned in the opposite direction and knocked on my parents door. Mum came to the door first, took one look at me and said, "fever" and then, dad came around, "allergy reaction."

So at 2.00AM, dad drove me to Timberland Hospital. Doctor takes one look at me and nods, "class two allergy reaction involving breathing airways", takes my blood pressure reading, peers down my throat and shines a torchlight into my eye. Then he says loudly to the nurses,

"prepare oxygen mask to aid breathing and prepare *inserts dosage* of *name of drug* for injection for faster subsiding effect. Prepare *inserts dosage and name of drugs* also."

My face goes green. INJECTION??!!!

The nurses fix me up to some reading-taking contraption and smacks a gas mask over my face for half an hour. Breath in, breath out, breath in. After that, the nurses made me swallow two blue allergy pills. Then, they gave me an injection shot. Ouch.

At 3.00AM, I was allowed to go back home after one last check from the doctor on my breathing. So I went home with some souvenirs, namely a sore backside with a plaster on it from the injection shot, four strips of allergy pills and a limp.

Doctor says no seafood for the meantime just to be safe in case it was triggered by seafood. All the while I had been taking seafood with no problem but according to this doctor, there are many species of seafood. Next time when I go out to eat, I shall ask the cook,

"excuse me, what species of prawns or squid are these?"