Air Asia to Kuala Lumpur

Arrived at Kuala Lumpur's Low Cost Terminal at 2.00pm on the 18th of December 2007, took the Air Asia. Have I mentioned that I despise Air Asia and the Low Cost Terminal? Nevertheless, it is cheaper compared to Malaysia Airlines. Had my breakfast on the plane, sandwiches and fruit juice. I guess the food price was rather average. The taxi driver missed out a turn and hence, took us a rather long time to get to the hotel, stayed at Cititel. Ran into a few people at Cititel, a few Malay friends, a fellow I recognized as Azree from RCYU#3 and Angela Lee with her family.
Central Market, the cheapest place to get an assortment of the strangest jewelry, bags and other bits of items. Best place to obtain a PHD in price bargaining. Cheap and interesting, who could resist stopping by such a place? Everybody loves cheap. I know I do.
Pavilion, what is so great about it?Designer, designer and designer. I'll have to marry a millionaire's son to be able to afford buying at least five items from any one of those designer shops. Everything there can burn holes through poor civilians' pockets. Nevertheless, my mum spent a hefty RM700 on a Perry Balmain bag in Parkson Grand. God, we could feed the whole Third World with that. Women. Shakes head. Anyway, so they gave my mum some scratch and win a Jaguar coupons. Then, when we were back in Kuching and my dad bought a stainless steel dish drainer, they gave my dad some scratch and win a Nissan coupsons! DOUBLE STANDARD! Why Kuala Lumpurites get Jaguars while Kuchingians get Nissans huh??
After some shopping at Pavilion, it was lunch time at some Chinese fusion dining restaurant on the topmost floor at Pavilion. Just look at how I hold the chopsticks, retarded. Some Chinese I make. I ordered a bowl of ramen soup and it was one ridiculously huge bowl of ramen. Obviously, I did not have a stomach large enough to finish more than a quarter of that. I don't know why but my dad seemed to love take photos of people eating.
Oh yeah, I stayed at Cititel. Daily breakfast ranged from either chocolate milk to two pieces of buttered toast and tea. The juice was just my dad's idea of trying to increase my daily consumption of Vitamin C. Some people really have hefty appetites early in the morning, they pile their plates high with croissants, toasts, eggs, rolls and you name it. Mount. Everest high stacks, mind you. Mid Valley becomes one of the closest sources of money-spending available as the hotel I sought refuge was only next door. Nothing great at Mid Valley, too small and too many people. I don't think I bought anything from there except flip flops and shorts. Got a really fat stuffed hippo for RM79.90. I had to get that Bruce a Christmas present simply because he demanded nonstop for one. Shakes head. Hence, I gave in and got a pig displaying its' large ass for that nuisance. Got my close friends some small items.The MNG sales assistant was screaming her head off from frustration due to the swarm of customers invading the fitting room. Poor her. There were lots of Christmassy activities at Mid Valley though.
Sunway Pyramid, not a bad place to shop at. Found a few pieces of clothing. Interesting architecture though and there's a nice Chinese fusion dining restaurant on one of the floors that has nice Sze Chuan eggplant. I like eggplants. The Gardens, another place that can burn holes in people's pockets. However, Isetan has a lot of interesting stuff. Bought quite a number of clothes from there and a pair of shoes from URS Inc. Some designer tops had ridiculously expensive price tags, RM400 for a T-shirt, seriously even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy a T-shirt for RM400 not even if it Marc Jacobs. NEVER!!! Anyway, all that splurging at Isetan had entitled my mum and I to redeem fresh water pearls. Probably a sales gimmick anyway. Probably fake pearls. I mean, the oysters looked so dead. That reminds me, mussels at Manhattan's is nice.

Went to Ikea too, bought a few household items and I spent RM5 on a new clock for the school sickroom. I saw the ugliest stuffed dragon there for RM39 (someone thinks it is CUTE, gags). Went to a few other places in Kuala Lumpur, basically to shop. I calculated my overall bill and to my discovery four tops, one denim skirt, one pair of jeans, two flip flops, a pair of shoes, four shorts, two bags, four bangles, eight books (those books totalled up to about RM200, the Nicholas Spark books were on a promotion and hence, c-h-e-a-p and so were the vintage classics) and a stuffed animal totaled up to RM1200.00 or so (which is below the budget of RM1500) and hence, congratulations to me. I burned RM164.00 from my own pocket on a pair of Billabong shorts. Sniffs. I hate Kuala Lumpur for that.

My flight back to Kuching, arrived 20 minutes earlier at Kuching International Airport! Amazing! It was AIR ASIA. I thought they always delayed...