Class is a battlefield

My new pair of spectacles.

Three out of four years spent in secondary school, I had always ended up at the last row in the classroom. The question is why? The answer is not because I am extraordinary tall that I get shoved to the back (there are others who gladly boast that they are taller than me) or because I talk too much that I get shoved to the back or because I adore sitting at the back. But, it is because no matter how early I come to school on the first day when school reopens to grab a good seat somewhere in the middle of the classroom, the class would always be packed by 6.30am or either books and bottles are thrown all over the tables as signs that those seats are reserved. The only front-row seats I get are in the laboratories. Hence, this year I shall reach school before 6.15am.

Dang, I want a seat at the third row and hence I shall come up with a strategy to conquer those seats. The class is such a battlefield for seats and exam positions.

The history of how I got my seats in the classroom for the past four years...

Form 1
I got 4A's and 1B for UPSR and hence, I was shoved into 1A2. Plenty of space, so I sat at the third row. Next day, I was promoted to 1A1 and there was an empty space at the second row. Behind me was Rhema Basil Andrews (that was how I got to know that fellow). Then, mega seat switching by our class teacher and Rhema ended up at the back of the class. After a few months of boredom, I willingly swapped seats with Sharifah to sit with Rhema. That was the story of how I ended up at the back seats in Form 1.

Form 2
Rhema and I came into 2A1 class after a prefects' briefing after assembly and to our greatest 'thrill', all the seats were taken except for the last two corner seats at the back of the classroom. Thrilling.

Form 3
For once, Rhema and I did not get back row seats in 3A1 because Michelle Wei 'miraculously' and accidentally came to school around 5.45am, so we got third row seats. Such a great year to be directly under the fan, getting great ventilation. Ventilation is great for the brain as it provides good Feng-Shui.

Form 4
Rhema and I came to school at 6.30am and at 6.30am, the whole 4 Science 1 classroom was packed and seats were taken except for the last two corner back row seats next to the classroom door. History has repeated itself. Brilliant.