Chinese New Year's Eve

If anyone recalled, I posted a picture of a duck yesterday. I still couldn't tell if it was a he or a she until today. My dad scrubbed the insides of the duck out and he only had livers, hearts, kidneys and no reproductive organs... he must be an alien. Nevertheless, here is his head in the sink. Poor duck. Now his body and slimy insides had been braised in a tasty brown sauce. Now he is all fit to be eaten later. He smells delicious too. I can't wait to sink my teeth into him.
My mum and I made cheese sticks last night. I shaped most of them, that is probably why they look so retarded. That's the cheese sticks before they were baked in the oven.
That's the cheese sticks while they were in the oven. First batch spent a wee bit too long in the oven but still tasted fine. Second batch tasted better. I never knew cookie making was that fun.
That's them after being baked, nicely (or horribly) golden. Did I mention that they are sugar free cookies?
To start of the year of the rat, my mum bought me a rat today. A very poor-looking rat indeed and he functions as a coin box. Will that affect my prosperity of the rest of the year? I shall name it Mr. Amy.

I'm going to eat in a few more minutes. Braised whole duck, shark fin soup, tiger prawns, leek, sweet corn, mixed vegetables and wine. Yum. Dad was the cook.