Out...and lost

I woke up in the morning and "honk honk!" went a car outside my house. So, I had laksa for breakfast with Jonas at Chong Choon Cafe and amazingly, he did not get lost this morning on the way to our multiple destinations (just to get a John Mayer album and succeeded).

But not very amazingly...

He got lost in the Hock Lee Center carpark basement, couldn't find the exit and drove in the opposite direction. But hey, I'll give him some credit because he has a pocket full of money and petrol.

Morning turned to late evening at 6.45AM...

Jonas picked me up. We set off on our "journey" to fetch Stefan and with me as the "GPS device". Yay for me because I successfully directed Jonas to get to Muara Tabuan from BDC without getting us lost (Stefan, you owe me McFlurry because I succeeded).

Now with Stefan already in the car, he took over as the better "GPS device" and we went to pick Hansley at 4th Mile. Stefan successfully navigated Jonas to 4th Mile without getting lost. So far so good this "journey" seems... but it was already 7.40PM...

Next destination...Trinity Methodist Church to meet up with Lilian for the Enoch Fernando instrumental piano concert that would start at 7.30PM... Let's flashback to this morning for a brief moment...

Gabrielle: By the way, tonight it is at Trinity Methodist Church at Ellis Road not Holy Trinity Church. The church has a green roof. It is opposite this blue roofed building that is packed with lots of people during Chinese New Year to buy drinks, groceries and all the things. Do you know that one? But I do not what else is around it, can't remember.
Jonas: Okay okay I know.


And back to the story...Jonas and Stefan were discussing where Trinity Methodist Church was located at and then...

Jonas: That one!!! Oh I know already! I know! I know! I know where is it! It is near my church! *stuff about location of the church*
Stefan: Ya! Ya!


And so, Jonas drove and was near Kenyalang Park...

Gabrielle: Why are you driving here?? You're heading to St. Faith Methodist Church! *hysteria*
Jonas: EH?? You mean that is St. Faith?? Not Trinity Methodist??


S.T.R.E.S.S. Basically, we were lost for about 40 minutes trying to find Trinity Methodist Church. Finally, we arrived at 8.30PM! And the concert ended at 9.30PM.

Then, the same four of us went for supper at Open Air Market successfully without getting lost.
A plate of char kueh that was wrongly delivered to our table and Jonas wrongly paid for it because he wrongly thought that one of us had ordered it
Some "ice kacang" that Jonas strongly recommended us to try but it was really just shaved ice with sugar water, bits of barley, 4 thin slices of dates and bits of jelly.

Hansley was successfully dropped off at 3rd Mile without us getting lost.

Stefan was successfully sent home without getting lost but perhaps with a few new kilos gained.

So, it was my turn to be sent home and we got "lost" this time because Jonas took the wrong turning away from Muara Tabuan that led us to Bintawa instead. I was successfully sent home too anyway, eventually but we got lost too many times today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANSLEY LIEW!