Lundu

Just came back from Siah Beach (is that how you spell it?). Siah Beach is at Lundu. Uncle Ah Choon, Uncle Ah Gu and his wife, Aunty Bernadette and their two children, Sarah and Loren, Uncle Raymond and his wife, Aunty Nora and their daughter, Ah Bie (Andrea), my dad and I went. We stayed at Uncle Jimmy's beach house for one night. My dad and I picked Uncle Ah Choon from his house and then, they went to the 3rd Mile market to buy some chicken and pork to cook up at Lundu. I swear I can never ever be a housewife who does marketing. I just can't stand the smell of the market but it's rather interesting to see what part of an animal is hung up. So, if I ever get married, my husband ought to do the marketing just like my dad does. Hahaha. So after that, we went for breakfast of kolo mee at this coffee shop near MJC with Uncle Ah Gu and his family. Uncle Ah Gu's eldest son, Sam didn't want to come along because he said that he's not going because of his two noisy siblings Sarah and Loren. Then, later we leave to Lundu. A long and pretty boring car ride. Then, we all stopped at the Lundu Market and they did some more marketing. I don't quite remember what they bought. Then later, Uncle Raymond and his family arrived at Lundu after lunch hour. So for lunch that day, they cooked chicken rice and I ate. Ah Bie, Sarah, Loren and I went to the beach. Ah Bie and I went to the beach many times, simply uncountable. They said that my name was too long so they shortened it to Gabby instead. And it isn't easy to differentiate Ah Bie from Gabby, you know! And today, after swimming, we filled up the entire beach with sand-writing. And somebody added a comment about what we did, saying that "dua perempuan gila bodoh!" with and arrow pointing to the word "Right" that Ah Bie and I drew. That night we slept, Ah Bie kept hearing this "ot ot" noise. Aunty Nora claimed it was a wild pig but Uncle Ah Choon said that it was actually some big lizard. Something like a monitor lizard but not. So, they called it an "ot ot". I had to endure snores from my dad and Uncle Ah Choon that night. It was like nonstop, loud and alternate snoring from both of them. So today, Ah Bie and I went for a walk at the beach early in the morning, around 6am to 7am like that. And we walked in the shallow part of of the water and there was this group of guys there around the age of 15 or 17 who went in and then jumped out again and said that we were both crazy for going into the water when it was so cold. Then there was another group of 'pien tai' guys who were swimming that time and when we walked pass, they were busy commenting and being 'pien tai' and asking each other, "eh, which one you want?" and pointing at us. Then, one of them said, "eh, how old are they?" and another replied, "I think forty-five." And then later, we went swimming again. After that I had this red splotchy blotches on my legs and it turns out that I got stung by jellyfish. We left Lundu around 3pm. Ah Bie and her family went to Gunung Gading right after they left Lundu. Oh yea, Ah Bie and I took photos of our names that we drew in the sand and some pictures of both of us together with Sarah and Loren. I'll put some of the pictures we took in here some other day after Ah Bie sends them to me. Today, they harvested coconuts and we ate some of them. The rest were brought back to Kuching. There was smoked fished today and smoked corn today. Basically, there were alot of smoked stuff. I am like so red from swimming and all those activities I had done together with all of them up in Lundu. I asked my dad to go to Watson tonight to get me my lotion because I ran out of it. Hopefully I won't turn black! If I do...cry ah I tell you. Speaking of turning black...got Red Crescent Leadership camp ah! Marching means under the sun. SAR not so bad because it may be at night. I think I just struck off joining tennis off my list. I'm just not a big lover of the sun. I'll stick to archery.