Mr. Wong

Highlight of 20th June 2006 (apart from a bad start of my day), I live two doors away from the principal of SMK. St. Thomas, Mr. Wong. Ironic isn’t it? If only I knew that earlier than I ought to have sent Jason and Danny knocking on Mr. Wong’s door. Sigh. I discovered this today when my mum told me about my dad’s conversation with Mr. Wong last night. Honestly, Mr. Wong doesn’t look very Thaksin-like just like how some Thomians that I know always describe and furthermore, his hair seems on the scale of pretty normal to me. Or perhaps, that’s because I do not stare. As we all know, nobody likes a nosy neighbour who peeks over the fence. How interesting it is to discover that Mr. Wong lives two doors away and how interesting it is to discover how I do not socialize with my neighbours until I had no idea that is the Mr. Wong and not to mention how I had been living two doors away for practically more than a decade. Ironic. Like that day, I was in the shower, suddenly I heard the piano playing. My first thought… “there’s a ghost downstairs playing the piano.” After giving that thought a logic check, that got thrown into the dustbin. Ridiculous idea. Second thought… “either one of my parents are playing the piano.” After giving that thought a logic check…my dad only plays the guitar and my mum stopped piano lessons at Grade 3, so no way they could play the Entertainer. Then, I went downstairs after showering and pushed the memory of me hearing the Entertainer and went to practice my piano. Then as I played Allegro, I kept hearing the faint tinkle of the Entertainer. I asked my mum if she heard a piano playing. She said yes and that she thinks that’s Mr. Wong’s daughter playing the organ or keyboard. My ridiculous first thoughts slipped away instantly. I only knew that Abraham a couple of doors down plays the guitar along with few other guys few doors down but I never knew that Mr. Wong’s daughter plays the organ or keyboard, whichever one it is. Ironic. Recently my neighbour’s son who lives opposite me had taken into playing basketball. I always thought I would live in this neighbourhood listening to the football being kicked around but now, dribbling of the basketball around the area and the bang when the ball hits the wall. Last time I had this neighbour named Jason. When he was little, his idea of fun was literally climbing out of the window and onto the roof. The first time I saw that happening, I literally got shocked and my first thought, “oh my gosh! He’s trying to kill himself!”. Well, it’s not like he just stands motionless on the roof, he literally walks around and towards the edge of the roof. Well, now I think Jason has quit the roof-climbing activity of his, well, after all, that was years and years ago. Anyway, today Puan Tan handed out to everyone who got A for maths chocolate. Her theory is that chocolate boosts brain power. Maybe, I ought to eat more of that, I could be the next Albert Einstein. Anyway, it’s Joshua’s birthday today so Happy Birthday Joshua!!!