"I love marks"


After many terms of reigning the third position or if lucky, second place or if even luckier, first place in school examinations, I was overthrown... Nooooooooo......

1. 87.5 (Rhema B.)
2. 86.9 (Irene)
3. 86.6 (Chai)
4. 86.3
5. 83.8 (Esther)

...FOURTH PLACE...

*Yanks out tufts of hair*

I can choose to either wallow in self pity and console myself that it is just a three-mark difference or be a good sport. But I decide to be a good sport.

To think of it, I don't think I was even bothered about grades back in Form 1 when I used to "reign the thrones" of positions between ten to fifteen with just studying few days before examinations. I hated all my teachers in Form 1, hated all prefects (ironically I was one) and I hated almost all subjects too. Yes, I hate them all to the very core. Did I mention that I even got called to stand up in History class for disrupting the peace? Did I mention that I used to shoot rubber bands across the classroom during lessons? What a monkey I once was (and probably still am).

Suddenly in Form 2, I see THE LIGHT! (drama queen in action)

Here am I today, "kiasu" and Head Prefect. How ironic can life get?

Those were the days. Linda asked me if I love money or marks more. Without any thought, my answer was very simple,

"I love marks."

Now it's pretty obvious that I am currently not earning any money so might as well love the marks I "earn" instead.

Gabrielle's weirdest paranoia is that when she cracks open an egg, a chicken foetus would slide out of it. All curled up with ogling black eyes and covered in yolk and white.