Stamp For Water


Has anyone ever seen a baby bird closeup? Well, that's a first if you have not.

I ran into the strangest three stooges two days ago at one of the washrooms in The Spring.

I was just done using the toilet and proceeded to a habitual routine of washing my hands. Unfortunately there were three Malay girls around the age of twenty hogging the sinks. They were staring at the sink with puzzled expressions and began thumping the water taps and crying out in confusion that there was no water.

They began observing the water taps, studying it intently and came to a conclusion that there were no knobs or handles to twist or turn. So, one of them came up with a marvelous theory that the taps were the sort whereby when you stamp on the floor, water will automatically flow through the tap and viola! Water!

I stared at them, completely bemused and waited patiently in content as they stamped, stamped, stamped and stamped their feet on the floor in vain. No water. Is it not a pity? Poor things. Finally, I decided that I really needed to wash my hands and pointed out that those were automatic water taps with sensors. The sort whereby you place your hand under the tap and water will flow.

The three ladies thanked me graciously and placed their hands under the taps. Water flowed and they marveled at gasped at the invention of mankind. They were in awe that was the method of how to use the water taps at The Spring.

I can't help but few amused. Stamping for water?