Me, That Boy & His Mother

I went to Kenyalang Park this morning to get myself a copy of Still Fantasy by Jay Chou. So, I went to Happy Records and I asked the boy at the shop if they had the album. First I asked him in English because he didn't look like a Chinese but then he didn't even understand what was Jay Chou. So, I switched to speaking Mandarin to him. This is our conversation...

Mandarin version of the Jay Chou fiasco at Kenyalang Park this morning...

我今晨去Kenyalang Park,并且这是什么那发生了。。。
我 : Do you have the latest Jay Chou album? Still Fantasy?
男孩: Chou, Chou, 什么思 Chou??
我 : 您有 Zhou Jie Lun 最新的册页?
男孩: Har? 最新的册页?最新的 歌曲是它 ha?
我 : Zhou Jie Lun lah。 Still Fantasy 册页 ah!
男孩: 马! 是新 Zhou Jie Lun 歌曲??
妈 : 您要求我??! 您要求我??! 怎么我会知道!
男孩: 抱歉,它不。
我 : 你能确定吗??
妈 : 女孩,您寻找什么?
我 : Zhou Jie Lun 最新的册页。
妈 : Oh! (轮到她的儿子和推挤他的头。。。) 得到! 得到! 在这! 您愚笨的男孩! 人们请求您请求我的最新的册页,当最新的歌曲出来时! 您的如此普通话坏! 更是研究! (再推挤她的儿子的头。。。)

-故事的结尾-


English version of the Jay Chou fiasco at Kenyalang Park this morning...

I went to Kenyalang Park this morning...
Me : Do you have the latest Jay Chou album? Still Fantasy?
Boy : Chou, Chou...what Chou??
Me : Do you have Zhou Jie Lun's latest album?
Boy : Har? You mean the latest song is it?
Me : Zhou Jie Lun la. Still Fantasy album ah!
Boy : Mum! Is Zhou Jie Lun's latest song out yet?
Mum: You ask me?? You ask me?? How I know ah!!!
Boy : Sorry, don't have.
Me : You sure or not??
Mum: Girl, what are you looking for?
Me : Zhou Jie Lun's latest album.
Mum: Oh! Got! Got! (turns to boy and pushes boy's head...) You stupid boy! She ask for Zhou Jie Lun's latest album and you ask me if Zhou Jie Lun's latest song is out yet! (pushes boy's head again...) Your Mandarin so bad ah! Go study la!!!

-THE END-