Chinese don't know Chinese?

I beat the lifespan of eight Helix snails! I am 16 years 1 month and 20 days old. I am living testimony to everything that had happened for sixteen years.

  • I am living testimony that eleven years ago I was enrolled in St. Teresa's Kindergarten.
  • I am living testimony that ten years ago I was enrolled into St. Teresa's Primary School.
  • I am living testimony that four years ago I was enrolled into St. Teresa's Secondary School.
  • I am living testimony that I will be graduating from St. Teresa's Secondary School next year.
  • I am living testimony that I spent eleven years in St. Teresa.
All those years spent in there has resulted in me being unable to communicate in Chinese. I can't speak Mandarin. I am Hakka but I can't speak the Hakka dialect. The only dialect that I can speak is Cantonese. As the Chinese ancestors would probably say, disgrace!

I was ordering food from a stall at Jalan Song food court...

Lady: *Long string of complicated Mandarin words*
Me: *Stares blankly*
Lady: *Repeats long string of complicated Mandarin words*
Me: Hah? I don't understand Mandarin.
Lady: *Repeats long string of complicated Mandarin words in slow motion*
Me: -_-' *Walks away*

I am living testimony to that. *Chortles* She must think I am a retard.