Five attempts

I had four failed attempts and one perhaps-not-fail attempt to come up with a short story for the Commonwealth Essay competition. Three messed up stories that I couldn't find a suitable ending, one ended fantasy story that seemed to have no head and no tail and one finished non-mushy love story (don't ask me how is that possible) that I decided to settle for.

6.34AM: Sent one text message.
6.40AM: Had a glass of water.
6.45AM: Called it a 'night'.
9.01AM: Phone yelled "YOU HAVE ONE NEW MESSAGE!"
11.01AM: Rise and shine.
11.15AM: Saw laksa on the breakfast table.
11.16AM: Remembered dad left to Cambodia.
11.17AM: Remembered mum will be at the firm until evening, no dinner.
11.18AM: Remembered mum won't be back until 9.30PM (agreed to SEGI asking her to help out for Thursday and Friday lectures because their current lecturer got into some accident.)
14:21PM: Discovered food allergy traces. (I ONLY HAD LAKSA!!!)

Groans. What a day.