Banks and Fingerprints

I went to Maybank on Monday afternoon with my dad to open another bank account and to apply a supplementary credit card for me. A credit card for emergencies and necessities okay, not a piece of plastic for shop-and-swipe usage.

I filled in the application forms (and got nagged by my dad about why my "e"s do not look like "e"s) and waited for my turn to be entertained by the bank worker. It was a rather short wait but it felt like ages and I was sleepy.

Finally! My turn! I was eager to get all of these banking things done, go home and relax for the rest of the week.

Unfortunately...

Bank worker: Sorry, your IC can't be read. I think the chip is spoiled, there is this little crack line in the plastic behind the chip. It could be that the chip is bent. So our machine cannot read the data stored in it. We need the data to process for opening an account and your credit card application.

What?! I passed through the immigration counters at airports just three weeks ago with my Identification Card in that state and just about less than two months ago I had my IC data extracted during all those driving test procedures. What a waste of time queuing up at the bank only to find out that they cannot extract the data so that I could open a Maybank account.

Today, I tried my luck at another Maybank branch but was unsuccessful. So, I put on my back a black blazer over my jeans and shirt, and headed over to the Immigration Office with my dad to get our new ICs done. At the Immigration Office...

Officer: Tak ade fingerprint punya. Eh, kamu punya fingerprint s'karang dan dulu tak sama punya. Tak apa lah, tukar data IC kamu. Kes special ini. Gambar fingerprint kamu terlalu hitam, tak dapat tengok garisan putih. Lu punya jari rosak ha?

That was just another of those classic reactions I get during thumbprinting at offices.
Penang Curry Mee, tasty spicy stuff

Went to have Penang curry mee at Asian Recipe before heading back to Maybank to submit my application for a credit card. Now, I have to wait for my new IC to be done.

Random Thought: Downloaded, installed and played Left 4 Dead because THIS PERSON kept promoting the game. My verdict would be that this game has too many zombies.