I "stole" something from kvys2000's blog

I found something interesting from kvys2000's blog. According to his blog, he stole it from Wandkey (think I spelt it right). It wasn't copyrighted so...can't say I illegally stole it.



The 5 Types of Students Other Students Love to Hate

1. The Show-Off Know-It-All
Okay, maybe you can't help being that smart, but there's no reason to show off. When you ask the most random question about the subject we're studying just before exams, and then pretend to wait for or think about the answer, before promptly answering your own question, it's not helpful at all. We know you're smart, you don't have to show it. So, quit rubbing salt into our wounds.

2. The "I really did not study" type

Ever heard of the student who professes worriedly before exams that he or she "has not studied for the exam" or "I was staring at the same page for hours", and then after exams, that's the very same person who gets the top result? I'm sure many people are quite familiar with that type. What are we to think if you keep on saying you don't study but yet you still get such good results? Some genius you must be.

3. The Shirker

The person who always tries to get out of doing any kind of work. If you have this kind of person as a team mate, good luck. While everyone else maybe working hard so that they can get a good grade for the group work, this shirker will be trying to do at least as possible. Perhaps choosing to only take on the most minor role. But in the end, the shirker still manages to share the good grade the rest of the team has worked hard for. Fair or not?

4. The Serial Copycat

"Can I borrow your maths/science/english...?" Ask that occasionally, it's okay. But, if you do that every single day, don't expect people to be so willing in handing over their homework. And what's worse then a normal plagiariser, is a copycat who does not just blindly copy the homework of others, but so skillfully does it, that he/she gets a better mark for it.

5. The Kiasu type

Kiasu directly translates into "afraid to lose". A typical kiasu student is the type who often goes around after exams, asking people how much they got, just to see where they stand, and who they got better results than. A kiasu student normally chooses a challenger who is of equal standard to them, not too high, nor too low. When the kiasu student wins his/her challenger in terms of exam results, he/she is not afraid to show that "I win you, nyehehe!" attitude. But when the kiasu student loses, expect sulks, grumbles that the teacher didn't mark fairly, or some small careless mistakes were made, the other person was just lucky... bla bla bla.

Surely, there are many other types of students that other students love to hate, this are just but a few. And of course, there are many types of students that other students love to love too. But, maybe we will leave that to some other time.....



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I agree with all of it. It's so obvious that every top student in the class own any of this criterias. Reminds me of Mdm Falsy who told us in the camp that the only good friend of yours is your teacher. Your friend never happy with your good results. They always unhappy or jealous over your good results. They do not really want you to success. So this terms are always use to describe their own personalities.

The One Million Ringgit worth question, the author herself is of which criterias? hahaha... I wonder :D

Let's look around my friends before it comes to me...

First case,

I've friends who like to ask questions around and try to answer back seconds later. They feel so happy that other students can't answer. I tell you, the voice is so loud when they answer or teach the students. It's like in a cyber with all the students playing Dota with the volume of the speakers to maximum and suddenly... FIRST BLOOD!!!.. or OWNINGGGG!!! What I hate the most is they say the persons that could not answer the answers are stupid or idiot. Oh well... I never want to get close to this type of people.

Second case,

Wah... this case always happen lor including myself. I always ask around whether they have started studying for the coming exams. Guess what they reply me all the times? "I do not study at all..." or "Urggh... not yet ar... not yet finish...So many things need to learn." But often when the results come out, they're often found among the top students, including myself. What's wrong? Some people are gifted with extraordinary intelligence. I ever talk to this with my friend, he told me that some people are intelligent when he just look at the books and able to answer the questions. However, some people spend hours to study and found themselves unable to answer. It may because of phychological effects of a student. My friend always say a person's intelligence is not determined by how he/she scores in the exams. They spend hours to study and they get good results. Some people just spend several hours and they good results. See the difference? This is quite ok, I do not hate them or find them irritates because I'm one of them. What I hate the most is those who say they are really prepared for it and tell the whole world that they guarantee get excellent results even before the release of the results. IRRITATING!

Third case,

I'm not sure about this with group work in study. My friends always do their roles that we divide and agree among ourselves. Some people want to do the major parts, while there are always someone want to do the minor roles. This is quite normal. This depends on the leadership of one of the members. There must be someone leading the group then it's ok!~ But if for other things, I really hate it... There are some people who just do minor things but they really tell the whole world, I DO A LOT OF THINGS AND I'M IMPORTANT IN IT! This kind of people always contribute the less in the group work of range of duties but they often get praised or other people thought they contribute a lot in it as they always know when to act and when not to act. They only show to people they're working hard when someone special presents there but they actually DO NOTNING! I've few friends like this. I never praise them. I know who and who works harder and who and who works less... The ones that contribute the more is the ones that never show how much they've worked for it... unless they show it in a way of humorous.

Forth case,

Wah... this things a lot lor... happen among my friends. Almost everyday, can say... a group of us borrow each other homeworks to copy. They're so smart, they do not blindly copy... My friends often borrow my works to copy... sometimes I borrow theirs. Can't really blame! There are a few of my friends who just blindly copy everyday and their main objective? I FINISH MY HOMEWORKS! Some who try to understand before copy. I feel unfair when that person who copies is really free but he does not do the homeworks but opt to copy. It's ok with me when the person copy just to finish the homework after hours of trying to solve the homeworks or have a lot of things to do and unable to finish homeoworks. What to do? Parents send their children to tuitions. I've few friends who hardly find any free time to complete their homeworks. They have tutitions everday, afternoon and night. Why struggle so hard? I always say NO for TUITIONS. It's a waste of money....

Fifth case,

Kiasu type? I guess we watch a lot of Singapore movies and we get influenced by them. We're KIASU... yet in different ways. I can say that every one of us has this criteria or planted KIASU in the mind. It's all depends on the level of kiasuness... Some people just don't want to be so behind or lose. But some people make a big deal out of a small issue. I've many friends who will sure and guarantee walk around asking for people's marks when a result of a subject is released. They're waiting eagerly for the teacher to read out the marks. If the students only up to this level, it's ok... but if my friends who own higher level than this, it irritates me! Some of my friends who always laugh at someone who have lower marks than them... some who darely say to the people in front of the students, "Ha... You lose to me.. say more kok! Diam la you..." Even by a single mark, they make a big issue out of it. When they get lower marks, they say the teachers don't know how to teach or marks their exams. They give out 1001 reasons why they get such marks... they might as well compose a book, 1001 REASONS WHY STUDENTS GET LOWER MARKS IN EXAMINATION. They often tease the students who lose to them... My advice? Don't be too proud of your marks as you never know who is smarter than you, you never know how long you will remain on top and you will never know you actually planted the most effective phychological enzymes that can drive the person to achieve higher and greater results than you!

So which type am I in?

A combination of everything? Hmmmm...don't think so! One of a kind! How many of me's' can you find? One, one, one! Not the kiasu type, I don't go around class with a calculator *ahem*. Neh, really I don't. I really on other kiasu-syndrome students to count then I just go, "eh, what did I get hah?". I'm the one who watches tv and goes online while reading a school textbook. The one who makes many careless mistakes then goes, "how can I be so blind!" and complains about having to go "longpiak".

In any other way, we always have someone who hates us... it may because of jealousy or our attitudes. It's good if we pay more attention and be observant toward our friends... get to know their impression on us, their feelings on us and what they think of us... then we know ourselves better...