Apocalypse

There was another natural phenomenon that occurred today. A rainbow around the sun. Felt like a microwave underneath it, roasting up poor innocent Teresians. Yeap. I came down from the school hall and there was a crowd. There was my History teacher snapping a shot of the sun with her N80. Mind you, we said it was a 3G phone and she went, "what 3G phone! Smart phone ah!!!" Yeap, with her smart phone, she took a snapshot of the sun. Then, one of the Form 5s came up to me and flashback-ed (excessively dramatically) to me of how a couple of students reacted when they saw the rainbow around the sun.

"APOCALYPSE!!!" waves arms frantically in the air and mutters several prayers.

Uh huh, it wasn't like pillars of fire came pouring down from the heavens or something. It was just some boring phenomenon of light refracting through a thin sheet of ice. Yup, the apocalypse it is indeed. A pretty apocalypse too mind you.
It was Ambang Merdeka 2007 today (translation: 'Ambang' Independence 2007) and a couple of teachers and students sewed a really gigantic Malaysia flag. Approximately hmmm...twenty by seven feet in size???? Roughly that. I had to give a speech, did I mention that I hate giving speeches??? Particularly when it is entirely factual. Debates are so much more fun. I could have sworn I almost fell asleep during assembly while practicing my speech backstage... Too sleepy. No idea why, I have regular sleeping patterns and I slept at 11pm last night, that's early okay...