Rebels or wannabes?

Today I ran into a very typical scene that occurs if you are a prefect in SMK. St. Teresa, the rebels and the notorious ones. Uh huh, common happening in SMK. St. Teresa after four years of experience as a prefect. Never had the chance to break rules. Can't think of anything I would fancy that much to break anyway. I seem to steer clear from possibilities of breaking the rules unless it involves debates with teachers due to a stand that I disagree with. Can't be help it, a trait implanted already. It's not like I start hurling profanities or something anyway. Back to the topic of rebels and notoriousness.

There are two types of rebels. Yup. The wannabes and the notorious rebels. In SMK. St. Teresa, all you get is the wannabes who think they are notorious rebels. Uh huh. Sometimes I can't decide to laugh or to groan. The wannabes blast the prefects up by all talk, no action or in my terms, all fart no shit. Wonder why is it never all shit with laxatives?? That's cause they still fear the rules and if they oppose of getting demerits, that's just fear of accumulating demerit points. They rebel against the prefects because they do not want demerit points. Which sums up to fear of accumulating demerit points again. The oddest thing is, they break rules which, sums up that they are looking for demerit points, yeah a hunt down for points, and then they get fired up when they are offered demerits by the prefects. I hear clashing cymbals.

The oddities rebels come up with. Simply strange. I don't see the logic in rebelling when your bounded by school rules, which are normally remarkably logical. Such as this morning, I faced a wannabe rebel who refused hard headedly to clip her talons. Uh, she came up with the oddest excuse to blast me off.

"My mother say I cannot cut my nails when I got period lah!!!"

She's Chinese mind you. If I had the mentality of a six-year-old, heck yeah, I might have fell for that. Unfortunately for her, I have a mentality of that multiplied by two and plus four. I mean, come on, that's an excuse used by the Malays. Well, its true for Malays but utterly and completely and absolutely false for Chinese. I'm a Chinese, yeah maybe I am not all traditional but yeah, I know. So, I retorted, suppressing my build-up of meticulous laughter...

"Then why don't you ask your mother to come and look for me on Monday after the holidays? I want to have a talk with her. Or you can call her to come now and I'll have a word with her."

Come on, *groans* mothers or fathers or grandmothers or grandfathers, young or old, does not scare me out. What am I? Six?? *Groans* She positively glowered at me with utmost hatred speechless. Come on, it was just getting plain ridiculous. *Shakes head* I was quite sure I was a pest, tagging along her with a nail clipper, announcing over her loud and remarkably rude shouting, to clip her nails. What to do? An eye for an eye. I have thick skin but perhaps a temper when it comes to imbeciles. If she wants to play pest, I'll play along too. I'm not taking students climbing over my head, old or young. My head is not a spot to climb on and lay eggs on and have hatchlings on them. Yup, there are moments to be nice to the students but when they cross the line, niceness is not going to do anything. It applies in school or in any office. There was once a saying that said...

"No authority runs on niceness, be it that way."