Sibu

We took an Air Asia flight to Sibu last Saturday . The plane looked so 'oloford' that I was pretty sure if I turned on my phone even in flight mode, it would have hurtled right into the river below us. The male flight attendant had the oddest hairdo, he looked like a porcupine. The female flight attendant had a bob that could pretty much be seen very often in my school. The highlight of that flight was how Air Asia spelled the word NO STORAGE. They spelled it as N-O S-T-O-W-A-G-E. Gawd, what's with them and their English??!!! The first impression I had when we began to land in Sibu was..."Oh my gawd, kampung!!! Ulu Kapit!"

We stayed in RH Hotel which joins along with the shopping complex, Wisma Sanyang (I think). The hotel looked rather fine, a lot like the Land and Survey office up across the river in Kuching actually. Their main theme was GREEN, more reasons for me to like this hotel due to its theme. They had a pub named Hijau. Basically, everything was simply green, white, grey and black. Oh, they had a rather nice pool too.

So, we left the hotel yesterday. A road trip back in my dad's Prado. I was utterly bored, there are several living human beans who could be witnesses to that. The road trip back to Sibu ate up seven whole hours. *yawns in terrible case of boredom*. We made pit stops along the trip, nobody's bladder lasts for 7 hours, mind you. I have seen and experienced some of the worst toilets possibly available in Sarawak. One of the toilets I saw (I had to resist temptation to need a toilet), had black liquid in the squatting bowl and had white spots over the black liquid. What is that??!!!! Uh. Anyway, I attempted reading, the only 'savior' I brought along with me to 'save' me from boredom. However, it doesn't work when your trying to read, the car bounces and your eyes land on a totally different sentence. So, the next lifesaver goes to my faithful companion, W850i! I wouldn't count the human being whom I sms-ed as a lifesaver because without the phone, no Digi and no Digi, no text messaging. I wanted to sleep so badly during that 7 hours but I realized something, contacts lens on. Argh!That picture above, was what I snapped of what I thought we had to drive on to get to the ferry at Sarikei, on our way back to Kuching. Like, what the heck! Then I realized that was completely unnecessary. Sibu was odd, on the scale of 1-10, i give it a 9. The people there dress oddly, like they just walked out of Harajuku Playboy magazine or something. Over accessorizing. Far too complicated. Odd people indeed. Sibu over accessorizes too. They had this humongous swan in the middle of the 'Pintu Gerbang Sibu' and then it was surrounded by all tiny little stone swans and all the twelve chinese zodiacs. Crammed indeed. Sibu was like Kuching dated fifty years ago except with the new and advanced technology of stone swans. They have nice kampua mee, a certain monkey would have been jealous if he saw it. But he might say that *inserts name* is hotter than kampua mee. *Snorts*