Malay-ed this Thursday


LUNAR ECLIPSE 28 AUGUST 2007

That's no Valentine's Day gift. That's the way our prefectorial board for 2007/2008 sell our rubber bands in. Yup. New look. The rubber bands come along with the plastic box and that furry thing which, comes in an assortment of shapes, sizes and colours. I just had to pick purple out of the bunch. There's about fifty rubber bands in that container. Small, easy to carry around and 'no-spillage' guaranteed, fits right into the pockets of your blazer. Oh yah, and no, they are not pricey.

A close-up shot of the furry purple thing. Purple looks good...

The Secrets of Jin Shei was a remarkably nice book that goes about medieval China (I favor books like that) that I borrowed from the school library. I had rather nasty experiences at the school library whereby the books I borrowed contained severe obscenities. However, this book, hmmm...yeah, I guess writers love to add in obscenities. At least this book only has maybe one or two paragraphs of obscenities in a very polite manner. Congratulations to the writer. Finally a book in the library that does not damage my corneas.

Anyway, this Thursday, my school is celebrating National Day and it is compulsory for all of us to wear our traditional clothes. Yes, I am Chinese (proud to be one) but there is no way I am going to show up in a cheongsam and still doing rounds within school grounds or church grounds or St. Joseph Secondary area or museum grounds. Baju kurung it is, a set of pink baju kurung and mind you, not lurid pink, a shade of pink that does not burn out anybody's corneas.

We helped Pn. Shirley carry some books to display at the Reading Bay, one of the books was a FEMALE MAGAZINE DATED BACK TO 1992! That's so outdated fashion...