Cream puffs and photography...

A discovery in food...
Today, I woke up at 9.00am after my human alarm clock woke me up with an SMS that greets, "morning pig! Wake up now!". Anyway, this human alarm clock actually SMSed while cycling. Innocent lives could have been killed by you, you know! Hahahaha! Not my ideal cup of cappuccino but nevermind. Speaking of cappuccino, I had the cheapest cup of steaming hot cappuccino at Jade Mandarin last night. It cost a thrifty one ringgit and sixty cents. They don't serve your cappuccino with any sugar or sweetener for you to add on your own. But anyway, I normally don't add sugar or sweetener to my cappuccino so it didn't quite bother me. Today, I went with my mum to do a bit of Christmas tree-surveying at Green Gallery. Nothing quite catches my eye except for a box of candles that look like chocolates and smell like chocolates. Pretty catchy and cute and only for RM9.90. Then, we went for some laksa, which, tasted pretty good. After that, I decided to stop by JD Bakery to buy some pastries for tea later. I bought two mini chicken pies, an apple pie and six cream puffs. Rhema had recomended me earlier before to try the cream puffs and hey, they are scrumptious. You ought to try them and they only cost eighty cents each! I'm going to get fat... Jason has decided to fish today. I wonder if he fishes the fish or the fish fishes him. Probably the 2nd option. Ought to fish for tunas and salmons, so we get to eat sushi for dinner. I mean, how are you supposed to make sushi if he fishes an anchovy fish?? Unless you intend on rolling glutinous rice and seaweed around a handful of anchovies... you will result in ikan bilis sushi rolls...

Anyway, I attended my uncle's sister, Ho Ai Ping and Lau Che Fai's wedding today at DM. First, there was the cold dish consisting of fishballs, pork, chicken and jellyfish. After that, there was the Seven Treasure soup and then, there was this mango fish dish. Followed by that was tin-foil baked pork leg, roasted chicken and stir-fried mixed vegetables. Last but not least, there was Chinese custard pancakes and fruit platter consisting of pineapples, oranges and watermelons. It was a rather Chinese-influenced wedding dinner. The emcee spoked in Chinese and the guests that went onstage to sing, all sang in Chinese. I must say that some of them arent exactly the best singers. Stella and I spent our time laughing at those who sang, a couple of guys with strange hairstyles and this guy who kept flashing his underwear everytime he stood or sat down. Last but not least, there we were, popping napkins.

A quick and brief tour around my house bar... Presenting the mastermind (photographer) behind all the shots... Gabrielle Jee!!! And her Cannon Digital Ixus 60!!!

Vodka from Russia, Suntory whisky alongside with Russian dolls and brass ornaments...

Russian vodkas and several ornaments...

More vodkas, a Russian doll, some tulips and another random ornament...

Wines on rack...

A close up shot...

More wines on another rack...

Whiskies, crystal glasses and Russian dolls...

Rum, cystal wineglasses, Russian dolls, brass teapots, Mongolian yak bone chopsticks and golden Thai elephants...

Gin, cystal bowls and Russian dolls...

Whisky and more Russian dolls...

Ooo... true blue! Blue Curacco, Russian dolls, plates, Holland souvenirs and a box from India...

Santa Clause, red wine and some glass bottles...

Vodka, whisky, Midori, a Christmas tree, candle holders and honey pots...

Liquer way up high...

More, more and more liquer..

Alright, that's all with the pictures. And no, I'm not an alcoholic and neither are any of my family members. My parents happen to like to collect liquer particularly those that come in various interesting sizes, shapes and colours. It's mainly for decoration and drinking only comes occasionally when a bottle of red wine is popped during Christmas or Chinese New Year. I was just so bored this afternoon that I decided to play around with my Cannon Digital Ixus 60. I wonder if it was the photographer who was excellent or the camera that was excellent or both? Hahahahahahaha!!! I'll just settle with the fact that my specimens were excellent... hehehehe!!! After transfering the shots into my computer, I decided that I would post the shots in my blog to show off my 'excellent' phototaking skills. Toodles!