Negaraku and car break-ins

Negaraku, tanah tumpahnya darahku... That's a draft copy of my report...lovely handwriting?

Today was our last General Meeting for our Red Crescent unit. The theme was Chips, well, it was a Chips Party as our seniors called it. So we were all told to bring chips. I was only told about this GM the day before. So, today I woke up at 8.30am and got myself ready for the meeting. On my way to school, my mum stopped by the petrol station so I could get some chips. I got two bags of tomato-flavored Twisties. I'm not going to go into detail about this GM if not, it would be like writing another report. Which, I already did just now and e-mailed to Vicky. The meeting started off with the RC song and pledge after attendance was taken. Then, there was some announcements from Tasha about the Annual Gathering Camp, Evaluation Camp, Lodge Fellowship Night, sick room cleaning to be doned by Romania and Iran sections and sponsors. Then, we moved on to some games. The first game was something that had music playing in the background and you had to pass a balloon around. When, the music stops and you have the balloon in your hands, you got to pick this piece of paper from a box full of papers and do as the piece of paper states. Unluckily, I got stucked with the balloon in my hands once and I had to pick a piece of paper from the box and mine read, sing the Negaraku. Ugh...being very un-Malaysian, I could barely remember the lyrics of our national anthem! There I was singing it very horribly with help from Deborah and Audrey. Ugh... disgrace but it was more hilarious than it was disgraceful. Then, the second game was 'Statue Dance'. You had two dance to the music and stop when the music stops and pose accordingly to what Joyce and Tasha shouts out. Then, it was time for feeding time after that...food, food, food and more glorious food. Hahaha! Then, the meeting ended. We probation leaders had a short lecture by the Comittee of 13 after that about responsibilties, what they expect from us and etc, etc, etc. Then, we were all told to write a report and as you can see in the snapshot above, that's my draft copy. Isn't my handwriting lovely??

Car break-ins... Random photo of a broken-into car...

Ian's dad's car got broken into this morning when he parked near the school field to get Ian's report card. And they only left the car for 10 minutes before the windows were smashed and Ian's bag was stolen. Not to forget that it is an Adidas bag that had his shooting glove and glasses inside. The thief attempted to steal the CD-player in the car but failed. There are screwdriver marks over the CD-player now. Just how low could people stoop these days until they are willing to steal... In another unrelated case, my mum's colleague placed his labtop into the boot of his Toyota Advanza and covered it with a cushion. Then he left for about 5 minutes and then, he heard someone scream very loudly that somebody's car was broken into. Then, he rushed back to his car and saw that the window had been smashed and the labtop was taken. Humans these days... how uncivilized...