Majlis Kecemerlangan Teresian 2006

The speeches...
They were a big bore and incredibly long. The only thing that I seem to remember from all the speeches was one proverb given by the Pengarah Pelajaran Sarawak. She said that girls were better than boys and gave this proverb...
"Your sons are your sons until they find a wive, whereas your daughters are you daughters for life..."

My moment on stage...


That's me on stage, receiving one of my awards...

You know, first they told us to be here by 7.30am as the ceremony was going to start at 8.00am after the arival of the VIPs but oh no, it started at 9.00am after the arival of the VIPs. They said it would end at 10.30am but oh no again, it ended at 12pm!!! Anyway, I had to put on my prefects uniform and I was the only Form 3 prefect that turned up this morning. That's because the tokens were not given today on stage. All the prefects except for the Form 5 council were to take their tokens from their respective class teachers. So, I was the only Form 3 prefect who was receving other awards and I was the only Form 3 student to wear a prefect's uniform! So appart from the token of appreciation, I received two other awards as shown in the pictures below along with certificates. This year, Abigail got the Teresian Gemilang award. That means, she had done equally good in both academics and co-curricular fields.

My token of appreciation for being a prefect...

My Best Student (Form) award. Plate and certificate. (The plate costs RM12.90)

My Best Student (Class) award. Plate and certificate.

Firecrackers to molotov cocktails...
When a student dislikes a teacher, the most they would do to the extreme to the teacher's car would be scratch the sides of the car right? These days, students pushed it to the extend of throwing molotov cocktails at a teacher's car. No, I mean this seriously. The principal of SMK. St. Joseph recently had two molotov cocktails thrown at his car. Indeed, the car was badly charred by the flames. What a pity. A good use of a car bites the dust now.

Firecrackers. Displays a beautiful sight in the sky at night, I must admit. But, how appreciatable are they when set off during a public examination in a school? Very unlikely you or I would appreciate it. Take for example, during my time when I sat for my Lower Secondary Assessment, around 5 to 8 firecrackers were set off daily at SMK. St. Joseph by a couple of pranksters who simply didn't have anything else better to do. Once, I witnessed with my very own eyes, a SMK. St. Joseph student throwing a firecracker down from the bridge and onto the road. The firecracker fell directly onto the roof of a white Kancil that was passing under the bridge. The derange driver came out, cursed, yelled and drove away.

As you can see, from small things like throwing firecrackers, it soon errupts into cases like throwing molotov cocktails. What would be next? You answer that.